Monday, October 26, 2009

Halloween Tickities

Sorry I have been delinquent in posting lately! We had a week of catch-up in other areas of our life after the grandparents came for a visit. Hopefully we are back to normal! Ana calls our activity trays "tickities" and this week I had a few new Halloween themed ones to share: I found the above sensory tub at Chasing Cheerios who found it at No Time for Flashcards. So it isn't mine, but I think it is an AWESOME idea. I am already coming up with ideas for Thanksgiving and Christmas! Woohoo! And below is a pom-pom tonging tray. She tonged the pom-poms into the pumpkin ice cube tray, green on one side and purple on the other:
It was a huge hit despite the fact she hasn't really been too into her trays. We also did a spider tweezing activity and she can sort the spiders into orange and black (the two bowls are stacked and this activity is pictured backwards!):

I also painted some lima beans like pumpkins and ghosts for Ana to spoon:


Like I said though, she really hasn't been much into her trays. But I did put some creepy crawlies in her jars which she opened, retrieved and played with for a while:

The jars and specimins would probably go well with the sensory tub as well, just as an added element of interest! We are also reading Where the Wild Things Are this week for our book! Hopefully I will have more to post on that soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment