Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Fruit Pizza Tutorial

Demonstrated by A. I imagine anyone can figure this out, and you don't have to use bagels, you could use cookie dough (just google fruit pizza) or english muffins or even plain old toast. We used bagels because they are very easy for small hands to spread onto. They don't bunch up or crumble like bread. And hey, We just like bagels!

Ingredients: Bagels, red jam, cream cheese and thinly sliced fruit.

Step 1: Set out ingredients. I put the spreading condiments on the left like most activies we do. This is supposed to prepare them for reading, but as far as this activity was concerned, it was actually easier for her to reach across with her right hand, and scoop and bring back than to have to move her arm out to scoop. I also warmed the cream cheese in the microwave (20 seconds) to make it soft and easy to spread.
Step 2: Scoop and spread on jam (sauce) with a spoon.
Step 3: Spread on cream cheese. (I helped with some of the scooping up of the cream cheese, but A did the spreading.)
Step 4: Decorate with fruit! See her little tongue sticking out as she placed each piece just so? She is such a little chef! I think our next project will be carving swans out of watermelon... lol.

Step 5: Dig in! Make sure to get a nice cream cheese mustache. They are all the rage right now!

I actually made myself a pizza along with her, and showed her how to do each step before she tried. Then she gave me her first pizza, and made another one all on her own to eat! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment