Tuesday, September 15, 2009

More Fruit Activities

Today we re-read Each Peach, Pear Plum and played "I SPY". Then we made a fruit collage. I had the fruit cut out already, and just let A pick the color of construction paper, and gave her a stick of glue. She named all the fruits as she glued them to the page. I also started a journal for A using a composition book. I really just record what she says about something, and write it in and let her draw. She can't draw much more than circles, but I just like having a record of the cute things she says and we can watch the progression of her art. I also put the collage in the journal, along with a pocket for our Jack and Jill puppets. And I added some new baskets to our shelves:
Cutting Work:I was inspired by My Montessori journey. It proved very difficult for Anastasia, but she actually tried several times. I am not sure whether or not to keep it out, or put it away for a few months.
Split-Pea Pouring:I put out the pouring activity but added a second cup to make it a little more challenging. This variation went over extremely well. She poured peas over, and over, and over again. I think next week we will do rice, and finally move onto water. I put these out with all the other trays from yesterday. 6 trays seem to be a good amount along with a couple of crafts and puzzles. Later on today, we made apple and pear prints. I used different sized apples that were rotting on the tree and cut off the bad part. I really hate wasting food, so this actually seemed like a way to use the not-so-good food for something fun.
Anastasia just painted the apples with tempura paint, and stamped it onto the paper. She enjoyed stamping and painting for a good hour, but needed a bath afterwards. I need to make her a new smock because her old one is too small and not very helpful. Topless is the way to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment